The lovely Kelly @ AnotherBookInTheWall nominated me a while ago for the The Sunshine Blogger Award.
I am steadily catching up with my blogging articles and getting around to answering her interesting questions.
There were fun to answer, thanks Kelly. 🙂
By the way if you don’t know Kelly’s blog yet, I recommend checking it out. I especially love her Wednesday Rambles series. ❤
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Who was your favorite author as a child?
Astrid Lindgren and her Pippi Longstocking. I loved her other books as well but Pippi definitely stood out for me. 🙂
I enjoyed her character and all of her adventures. Even then as a kid, I was mildly obsessed with Scandinavia. 🙂
- Which book/series makes you happy?
I love Tolkien’s the Fellowship of the Ring from the Lord of the Rings series. I recently discovered Katherine Arden – her books also speak to me heart.
For the guaranteed pick me up recipe, I will read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- What do you love most about blogging?
I love the blogging community.
When I started my little blog, I wanted to find an outlet where not only I could write about books but also where I could discuss them with fellow book lovers.
And I feel I find it and I am very grateful for that. ❤
- What’s your favourite book genre?
I tend to read a lot of fantasy / YA books but I equally enjoy mystery, psychological thrillers, crime fiction, general fiction as well as non fiction. 🙂
I guess with the exception of romance books, I’m pretty much up for giving any book a go.
- What’s a trope in books you actually enjoy, and why?
I tend to like the unlikely heroes.
That somehow stumble upon quests and have to grow in order to fulfil their destiny.
I love all those underdogs that are imperfect, and sometimes just can not win, but my heart goes to them regardless.
- If you could visit a fictional universe for a day, where would you go?
Rivendell in LOTR. Image credit
Because of its location, all those amazing elves and of course all those breathtaking views that place is guaranteed to offer.
When it’s on AirBnB, I’ll be the first one to book a place there. 🙂
- Do you prefer to read on holiday out in the hot sun or inside on a cosy winters night?
I love reading in nature.
To me, hearing crickets whilst smelling sea air with a hint of pine in it on a warm summer evening = heaven.
I could not read in the hot sun though, I don’t like the heat.
For that reason, I would chose reading on a cosy winter night with a hot cinnamon tea whilst curled up underneath a warm blankie with my little fluffball (my dog) curled next to me.
- What was the worst book you ever read?
In all honestly, I have a very bad memory and tend not to remember those books I didn’t enjoy reading that much.
I have also learned to stop reading books when they are clearly not meant to be for me.
- What Hogwarts house did you identify with?
With the risk of causing a riot amongst blogging community: I never cared much for Harry Potter.
Shocking, I know.
The books came out when I was an adult and I somehow never got into them.. that doesn’t mean I still can’t rectify that! 🙂 I have seen most HP movies so I am aware of the plot and characters but no idea there, sorry HP fans.
- Who is your celebrity role model?
Oprah. I love her for her curiosity, compassion, bravery, love and generally for her attitude not to accept things as given and being willing to challenge / change them instead.
- If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
Come Away with Me by Norah Jones
I enjoyed the questions I was given and I will reuse a few of those.
- Who was your favourite author as a child?
- Which book/series makes you happy, and why?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
- What makes you love a book?
- What’s a trope in books that irritates you, and why?
- If you could have a coffee / tea / drink with one of your favourite fictional characters, which one would you choose, and why?
- What are your favourite places to read, and why?
- What question would you ask your favourite author, and why?
- What book’s / series’ ending made you upset, and why?
- How do you decide which book to read?
There you have it.
Now is the part where I should nominate 11 bloggers to answer my questions.
I will nominate everyone who got to read this post.
If you got as far as to this paragraph whilst reading the article, please consider yourself tagged.
I mean it, you are #tagged my friends. 🙂
You can either reply to some / or even all of my questions in the comments below or you can write a blog post about them (please, pretty please do!!!).
If you write a blog post, please let me know. I want to see your answers! 🙂